Bolivians who return to the country to take up residence are entitled to introduce at the time of entry into the country duty free DOMESTIC HOUSEHOLD items.
Items include furniture, appliances and accessories (does not include motor vehicles of any kind and / or parts and accessories of any machine or equipment) according to the following maximum values of excess:
- Up to $ us. 35,000 - . (THIRTY -FIVE THOUSAND AND 00/100 U.S. DOLLARS ) FOB value when only include Kitchenware, Household items and clothing, furniture, appliances and other items normally use in a home.
- Up to $ us. 50,000 - . (FIFTY THOUSAND AND 00/100 U.S. DOLLARS ) FOB value when Household items also includes their machines, equipment and tools used in an activity or occupation. Within this amount, the import of machinery, equipment and tools may not exceed $ us. 25,000 - . (Twenty five THOUSAND AND 00/100 U.S. DOLLARS
FOB : Cost of goods (Household items) plus the means of transport
If the value of the domestic household exceeds the limits , the excess is subject to payment of customs duties that apply. The requirements you need to submit to benefit from this program are:
- Affidavit of Domestic Household Import, filled in the computer system of the National Customs (http://www.aduana.gob.bo) or click HERE (FORM). A printed and signed by the applicants must be filed with the Consulate General of Bolivia for validation in the computer system of the National Customs.
- Validation document issued by the General Consulate of Bolivia of the information provided (eg tax return , contracts, certificates of employment , hiring or rental income , bank statements , tax ID , driver's licenses , or any other document original officer ) by the applicant in the affidavit filled in the System of National Customs , based on the activity being performed (n ) (the) member ( s ) of the family unit on the outside, when the household Kitchenware includes machine tools and equipment used in its business.
- Passport attesting the compliance of the stay abroad having stayed abroad for at least two (2 ) years prior to the date of return ( temporary visits to Bolivia shall not exceed ninety days ) or official documentation in original or certified copy to support your stay abroad
The deadline for the arrival of a Domestic Household items to Bolivia is permitted only between one (1 ) month before and up to six ( 6) months after the date of arrival of the owner responsible customs clearance must be made through a single Customs Administration. Import of Household Items does not apply to temporary returns and does not constitute as household utensils sending correspondence and parcels to people in the country